The Kaito KA500 is a self-powered shortwave radio with AM, FM and weather band coverage. It also has a very good fold-out reading lamp and flashlight. Quality is mediocre (see SWLing.com review), but for occasional use, its receiver is above average.
- Dynamo Cranking Power: 120 turns per minute of cranking will power the built in Ni-MH battery pack with strong current and voltage.
- Solar Panel Power: Under the direct sunlight, the solar panel will power the radio without a problem.
- AA Batteries: You can use 3 normal AA batteries to run the radio for maximum reception.
- A built-in Rechargeable battery pack.
- AC adaptor charge from the 3.5 mm jack. (Optional)
- Charge from a computer via USB port.
- 5 LED reading lamp for camping and emergency use.
- White LED flashlight
- Red LED blinking for emergency alert.
- AM: 520-1717 KHz,
- FM: 88.00- 108.00 MHz,
- SW1: 3.20-9.00KHz, SW2: 9.00- 22.00KHz,
- Weather Band: 7 standard bands for all stations, PLL crystal control circuit for stable reception,
- Weather Alert: To be activated by weather alert signals.
Includes: 6 Cellphone Tips, Earphone, USB Cord