- The SW Archive now participates in two affiliate advertising programs with two large retailers that still sell shortwave radios, the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and the eBay Partnership, designed to provide a means for sites like ours to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to these retailers of radio products. Many of our links now function as affiliate links. This means that by clicking on these links, a small percentage of the purchase price for goods you purchase from these sellers will help support our site’s running costs. We hope you understand, and are grateful for your support.
But please note that we will never create a post and product link explicitly to receive a commission. Additionally, we always try to include links to other retail options if they are available, as we support and freely advertise independent ham radio retailers. Thank you, too, for your support of these sites and for making the initial suggestion of joining affiliate programs program. It has been providing a nice supplement for our running costs.
Shortwave Radio Index content by SWLing.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at swling.com.
- C Crane
- County Comm
- Cross Country Wireless
- IZT Labs
- Lazy Dog Engineering
- Made in Australia
- Made in Germany
- Made in Indonesia
- Made in Italy
- Made In Japan
- Made in the UK
- Made in USA
- Midnight Science
- PC controlled
- Ramsey Electronics
- Rohde & Schwarz
- Software-Defined Radios (SDR)
- Spectrafold Technologies
TagsAlinco Analog AOR C. Crane County Comm Degen Degen DE008 Digital Radio Mondial DRM DSP Eton Grundig Icom IZT Labs Kaito Kchibo Made in Australia Made in Germany Made In Japan Made in USA MP3 Portable Portables Quantum Quantum Shortwave Radio Radio Kits RDS RFspace Sangean SDR Self-Powered Shortwave Portables Shortwave Radio Kits Shortwave Radios Si4734 SiLabs Si4734 Silicon Labs Silicon Labs Si4734 Software-Defined Radio Software-Defined Radios Sony Tecsun Ten-Tec Ultralight Winradio
- Big changes at the SWLing Post
- NHK WORLD expands and rebrands as NHK WORLD-JAPAN
- RRI 2018 Summer Broadcast Frequencies
- GatesAir halts production of AM transmitters
- Tom praises Anon-Co’s “first-rate” customer service
- What’s Up with the XHDATA D-808 Availability in the USA?
- From the Isle of Music & Uncle Bill’s Melting Pot, Mar 18-Apr 1
- Radio Survivor: Exploring and Preserving the Brooklyn Pirate Radio Scene
- Guest Post: Radios I Have Known #2
- Video: The Story of Radio Broadcasting (Westinghouse 1944)
Category Archives: News
Universal Radio has published the price of the Bonito 1102S RadioJet at $699.95 US and they are taking orders. Universal’s price is $300 less than that of the Microtelecom Perseus ($999.95 US) and the $200 less than the WinRadio Excalibur ($899.95 US). … Continue reading
We just so happen to have an extra copy of the 2012 WRTH (World Radio and TV Handbook) here at the SWLing Post HQ. So, we’ve decided it would be fun to share it with a SWLing Post reader who … Continue reading
Good news: Universal Radio is now offering Tecsun radios for the US market. So far, they have the PL-360, PL-606 and PL-660 listed. The Shortwave Radio Index listings for these Tecsun radios now also link to the appropriate Universal Radio catalog … Continue reading
I have gone through the SWRI and tagged all portable shortwave radios that are considered “ultralights” by the ultralight “Definitions Committee.” Note that “ultralight dxing” is primarily a Mediumwave hobby, but you will find that many of the best performing … Continue reading
I have gone through our Shortwave Radio Index (SWRI) and tagged every portable radio that is based on the Silicon Labs Si4734 DSP chipset. The Si4734 has been one of the biggest innovations to happen to portable receivers in recent years. When implemented well into a … Continue reading