- The SW Archive now participates in two affiliate advertising programs with two large retailers that still sell shortwave radios, the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and the eBay Partnership, designed to provide a means for sites like ours to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to these retailers of radio products. Many of our links now function as affiliate links. This means that by clicking on these links, a small percentage of the purchase price for goods you purchase from these sellers will help support our site’s running costs. We hope you understand, and are grateful for your support.
But please note that we will never create a post and product link explicitly to receive a commission. Additionally, we always try to include links to other retail options if they are available, as we support and freely advertise independent ham radio retailers. Thank you, too, for your support of these sites and for making the initial suggestion of joining affiliate programs program. It has been providing a nice supplement for our running costs.
Shortwave Radio Index content by SWLing.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at swling.com.
- C Crane
- County Comm
- Cross Country Wireless
- IZT Labs
- Lazy Dog Engineering
- Made in Australia
- Made in Germany
- Made in Indonesia
- Made in Italy
- Made In Japan
- Made in the UK
- Made in USA
- Midnight Science
- PC controlled
- Ramsey Electronics
- Rohde & Schwarz
- Software-Defined Radios (SDR)
- Spectrafold Technologies
TagsAlinco Analog AOR C. Crane County Comm Degen Degen DE008 Digital Radio Mondial DRM DSP Eton Grundig Icom IZT Labs Kaito Kchibo Made in Australia Made in Germany Made In Japan Made in USA MP3 Portable Portables Quantum Quantum Shortwave Radio Radio Kits RDS RFspace Sangean SDR Self-Powered Shortwave Portables Shortwave Radio Kits Shortwave Radios Si4734 SiLabs Si4734 Silicon Labs Silicon Labs Si4734 Software-Defined Radio Software-Defined Radios Sony Tecsun Ten-Tec Ultralight Winradio
- CBC News picks up story about sale of RCI’s WWII era transmitter
- Dan spots shortwave radios in the film “Operation Chromite”
- Comparing the XHDATA D-808, Digitech AR-1780 and Tecun PL-660 on shortwave
- Radio Deals: $20 off CountyComm GP5-SSB (Gen 3)
- A follow-up review of the PK Loop C-LOOP-HDSW6-18 antenna
- Dan spots an Icom IC-R71A in Narcos
- Going By the Numbers
- Looking under the hood: Comparing the XHDATA D-808 and Digitech AR-1780
- Radio Deal: C. Crane CCRadio 2 at NPR Shop
- Want a gorgeous 1940 RCA 50 kW shortwave transmitter from the RCI Sackville station?
Tag Archives: Icom
The IC-R9500 covers 0.005-3335MHz in SSB, AM, FM (WFM), CW, FSK and P25 modes. The IC-R9500 achieves outstanding performance by using a D-MOS FET array in the 1st mixer (below 30MHz) and an excellent IMD roofing filter. The IC-R9500 has … Continue reading
The Icom IC-R20 is a wideband hand-held receiver covering from 150 kHz to 3304.999 MHz (less 824-849 & 869-894 MHz cellular). Specs: Frequency Range U.S.A. Version: 0.150-821.999, 851.000-866.999, 896.000-3304.999 Mode: FM, WFM AM, USB, LSB, CW Tuning Steps: 0.1, 0.5, … Continue reading
The Icom IC-R6 is a very small hand-held wideband receiver. In such a tiny, comprehensive package, there are serious compromises for the SW radio listener. To get even marginal reception, you would have to replace or lengthen the existing rubber-duck … Continue reading
The Icom IC-R2500, PC Controlled receiver has dualwatch receive capability (with 2 antennas), allowing you to receive two bands simultaneously. It is a wideband receiver and covers 0.01–3299.999 MHz in AM, FM, WFM, SSB, CW, DV and P25 modes on … Continue reading
The Icom IC-PCR1500 is a PC controlled wideband receiver–all functions of this radio are controllable from your PC or from the optional control head. Specs: Frequency coverage Guaranteed range – 0.010–3299.999MHz*, 0.495–3000.000MHz, * Cellular bands are blocked in the U.S.A. … Continue reading