The Cross Country Wireless SDR-4 is an affordable SDR (software defined radio) covering the HF spectrum from 0.85 to 30 MHz. It features a Si570 low noise synthesised VFO, relay switched band pass filtering, a power FET RF amplifier and a built-in USB soundcard.
The price of the SDR-4 is £149.95 plus shipping from the UK.
Specifications/features (per manufacturer):
- Antenna isolation transformer with a 50 or 450 ohm impedance input for use with coax fed antennas or random wire antennas
- Extra antenna isolation when the receiver is powered down
- Relay switched RF band pass filters
- RF amplifier using a power MOSFET in the receiver front end
- Internal 10 MHz RF level calibration oscillator
- Built-in USB stereo soundcard
- 3.5mm soundcard audio output for headphone monitoring or connection to datamodes program
- Built in a compact aluminium case 175 x 106 x 30 mm
- Buy directly from the manufacturer–per their instructions: Since then demand has been very high [for the SDR-4] and rather than having a Paypal button on the webpage we have started a waiting list of potential customers. When batches of the receivers are ready we email potential customers with an option to buy a receiver. Contact Chris Moulding, G4HYG via [email protected] to be added to the list.