The Tecsun Pl-880 is the latest offering by the prominent shortwave radio manufacturer, Tecsun.
The Pl-880 is a dual-conversion receiver sporting SSB reception with fine 10 Hz steps. It appears to have adjustable bandwidth, and a dedicated fine tune control.
Slated to ship in late November 2013, the PL-880 will be the flagship portable radio in the Tecsun product line.
Keep checking back as we will update this page as we receive new information. Note that we will post a full review of the PL-880 on the SWLing Post as soon as it is available.
- Frequency Range
- FM: 64-108 MHz
- SW: 1711-29999 KHz
- AM: 520-1710 KHz
- LW: 100-519 KHz
- FM < 3 uV
- AM < 3mV / m
- LW < 5mV / m
- SW < 20 uV
- SSB < 3 uV
- FM > 35 dB
- MW / LW > 40 dB
- SW > 40 dB
- S/N Ratio
- FM> 65dB
- MW/LW > 40dB
- SW > 45dB
- Output Power > 450 mW
- Speaker: Diameter 40mm / Impedance 4 Ohm / Power 3W
- Earphone Jack: Diameter 3.5mm
- Power supply
- Rechargeable battery: Li-ion 3.7V
- External adaptor: USB jack, DC 5V, Current >300mA
- Dimensions: approx. 7 ½ (W) X 4 ½ (H) X 1 ¼ (D)
- Weight: 1 lb 3 oz(battery not included)
- 18650 rechargeable battery
- External shortwave antenna
- Stereo earphones
- Carrying pouch
- User manual
- SWLing Post comprehensive review with audio samples. Also read through these posts to discover hidden functions of the PL-880.
- Jay Allen’s review of the Pl-880.