The LD-1B a general-coverage, 100 kHz – 30 MHz, USB-controlled shortwave receiver. The LD-1B2 comes with an installed USB isolator, which improves the noise floor (and sensitivity) by about 6 dB over previous LD models. The LD-1B2 is manufactured by Lazy Dog Engineering–a “mom and pop” manufacturer–in the USA and is available from their website. It is available in kit and fully assembled form.
- Frequency Coverage: 100 kHz – 30 MHz
- Sensitivity: 0.18 µV for 10 dB signal-to-noise ratio at 10 MHz
- Image rejection: Comparable to Amateur-grade receivers
- Overload Characteristics: Comparable to Amateur-grade receivers
- Power Supply: 6 – 14 VDC “wall-wart” with 2.1 mm x 5.5 mm male connector, available seperately
- Rear Panel: 3.5 mm stereo output jack, 3.5 mm stereo input jack (for planned transmitter module when available), 3.5 mm “stereo” accessory jack, USB mini-B for connection to host, SMA female antenna connector, and 2.1 mm x 5.5 mm coaxial female power connector (center positive).
- Front Panel: Power switch (push-on, push off), green LED power indicator, red LED mute / transmit indicator
- Dimensions: 1.1875 x 3.125 x 7.0 HWD (overall)
Reviews? Please contact us if you find a review of the LD-1B2.