The Tecsun PL-380 is a DSP FM/MW/SW/LW ultra-light portable radio. It is well known to deliver good performance for its price class. As with all Tecsun products, they are available through reputable eBay sellers based in Hong Kong. Please scroll down the page for a link that will search eBay automatically for the PL-380. The PL-380 uses the Silicon Graphics si4734 micro-chip.
- FM : 87 – 108MHz (Russia 64 – 108MHz, Japan 76 – 108MHz, USA 87.5 – 108MHz)
- MW : 522 – 1620kHz (USA 520 – 1710kHz) with 9kHz / 10kHz tuning step selectable
- LW : 153KHz to 513KHz
- SW : 2300KHz to 21950KHz.
- With DSP si4734 Micro-chip
- Noise Limit sensitivity: FM band < 3uV @30dB, MW band <1mV/m @26dB, LW band <10mV/m @26dB, SW band < 20uV @ 26dB.
- AM IF bandwidth : 1, 2, 3, 4, 6kHz.
- Easy Tuning Mode function (ETM) for FM, MW, LW & SW bands.
- Auto Tuning Storage function (ATS) for FM, MW , LW & SW bands.
- 550 Preset Memories (100 memories for each MW / FM and LW, 250 memories for SW)
- Multi-function Digital Display: Frequency, Signal Strength, S/N ratio, Clock & Alarm, Temperature (°C or °F) & Battery Consumption.
- Digital clock function with 12/24 Hour Format
- FM Mono & Stereo
- Light & Snooze function – 5 minutes, repeated three times
- Key lock function
- Volume Knob with 30 sound levels
- Vertical Back Stand
- Built In DC 5V USB jack, Earphone Jack
- Built-in Charging System to charge the Ni-MH rechargeable battery
- Power supply : USB 5V/250mA external adaptor (not included) / 3pcs AA size batteries
- Unit size :135 x 86 x 26 mm (L x H x W)
- Net Weight :200g
- Specifications source: eBay
- Graham Maynard – mod to audio and antenna
Pingback: Ultralight shortwave radios now tagged in the Shortwave Radio Index (SWRI) « The SWLing Post
Pingback: A review of the Degen DE321 DSP shortwave radio | The SWLing Post
Pingback: SWLing.com’s 2011 Holiday Shortwave Radio Buying Guide | The SWLing Post
Pingback: A review of the Degen DE1129 portable shortwave radio | The SWLing Post