It’s time to have some fun for a couple of hours chasing MW DX along the grey line. Please note: an important change has been made to the rules: you can choose either Civil Twilight at sunrise or Civil Twilight at sunset . . . but not both.
Here are the rules:
- Frequency range is the medium wave band: 520-1710 kHz
- From one hour before Civil Twilight your local time TODAY, Saturday, October 14, to one hour after Civil Twilight at your location . . . at either sunrise or sunset
- Any radio with any antenna, but must be the radio at your location (no using remote internet radios)
- The listener must hear the signal in real time
- The stations must be ID’ed by listening to the signal.
- Your report should include:
- Your name (or Internet handle)
- Your receiver and antenna (stay with the same setup from beginning to end; if you use multiple setups, provide a separate report for each).
- Your location
- The time, the frequency, and the ID of each station heard
- The total mileage of your top five most distant stations.
A final point: this is not a contest; it is a challenge. The reward for every participant will be fun and fellowship.
You can find when Civil Twilight begins at your location by visiting www.wunderground.com . Enter your location, click on “Full Forecast” then scroll down to the “Astronomy” section.
And when you have completed the Great Medium Wave Grey Line Challenge, please post your results in the comments below.