Most encouraging to see Radio Australia sending digital text over shortwave. Their 12:30 UTC broadcast should be easily heard in North America on 9,850 kHz:
(Source: VOA Radiograms)
Radio Australia will transmit digital text and an image during three special broadcasts the weekend of 8 and 9 June 2013.
The seven-minute broadcasts will consist of…
MFSK32 in Flmsg* format (creates Radio Australia logo in browser window)
MFSK32 image (ABC logo)
*Fldigi and Flmsg from www.w1hkj.com must be used together. In Fldigi, click Configure > Misc > NBEMS: Under Reception of flmsg files, check both boxes, and under that indicate where your Flmsg program file is located.
All dates/times are in UTC, all frequencies in kHz
Saturday/Sunday 8/9 June 2013
Nominal target areas are listed. Reception beyond these target areas is likely.
- 7410 kHz (PNG & south-west Pacific)
- 11945 kHz (south Pacific, NZ, central America, Europe)
- 6080 kHz (PNG, west Pacific, Philippines, Japan)
- 9580 kHz (central Pacific, NAM)
- 12065 kHz (central Pacific, NAM)
2150-2157 UT C
- 11695 kHz (south-east Asia, Europe)
- 21740 kHz (central Pacific, NAm)
Each broadcast begins with with 40 seconds of Radio Australia interval signal (Waltzing Matilda).