Test #3: Shannon Volmet SSB
I’ve done my best to match these radios in terms of audio and receiver settings, but it’s certainly not perfect–these are essentially real world, not laboratory conditions.
- Both radios are using the same antenna via my ELAD ASA15 Antenna Splitter Amplifier
- Both radios are set to the same bandwidth: 2.4 kHz
- I’ve tried to match AGC settings on all radios
- Both radios have different audio EQ characteristics–not all are fully adjustable
- Both have separate recording devices and are not matched perfectly in terms of audio levels. In other words, you may need to adjust your volume a bit to compare.
My advice would be to focus on aspects like signal intelligibility, selectivity and signal to noise.