Here are the details/notes about this firmware version from Icom:
Changes from Version 1.27
- – Displays the Receiving (or Transmitting) route icon (RF or TM: Terminal mode) on the RX History Log and QSO Log
- – Displays the Receiving (or Transmitting) route icon (RF or TM: Terminal mode) to the chunk information in the QSO audio file
- – Displays the Receiving route icon (TM: Terminal mode) to the following screens;
- RX HISTORY screen
- GPS POSITION (RX) screen
- QSO audio, PLAY FILES screen
- QSO audio, FILE INFORMATION screen
- – Improves the WLAN access point list so that you can delete the connected or saved access points
- – Improves the CI-V command 1F 01 (DV transmit call sign) so you can set only the “UR” call sign without the other call signs.
If you’re not familiar with the Icom IC-705, check out this review from 13dka and this one from me originally published in The Spectrum Monitor. The IC-705 is a benchmark ham radio transceiver and MW/shortwave/FM DX receiver.