Here are the rules:
- Frequency range is the medium wave band: 520-1710 kHz
- 10 am to 2 pm your local time on Saturday, March 11, 2023 .
- Any radio with any antenna, but must be the radio at your location (no using remote internet radios)
- The listener must hear the signal in real time
- The stations must be ID’ed by listening to the signal.
- Your report should include:
- Your name (or Internet handle)
- Your receiver and antenna (stay with the same setup from beginning to end; if you use multiple setups, provide a separate report for each).
- Your location
- The time, the frequency, and the ID of each station heard
- The total mileage of your top five most distant stations.
A final point: this is not a contest; it is a challenge. The reward for every participant will be fun and fellowship.
UPDATE: Chuck Rippel did sweeten the pot, though! Check out his generous offer here.