Many thanks to SWLing Post contributor, Roseanna, with Radio Northern Europe International who shares the following announcement:
There’s going to be some big changes to our broadcast schedule starting this December and our Annual Report for 2021 full of insider statistics is being published. And we will be bringing you some amazing Christmas songs too!
Firstly our Annual Report has now been published here. This report contains details about the music we play, the running costs of RNEI and how we are making our decisions. If you want to help support us we have a Patreon here
We’d also love it if you could email us what your favourite song from 2021 was for the January “best of 2021” special!
Now on to the fun stuff, RNEI #24 is our December & Christmas show in one!
It will feature:
- Fun Christmas music from Norway
- Punchy Swedish Pop from Petra Marklund
- Silent Night but it’s ABREU
- Lea Heart helps it feel like Christmas
- Julia-Maria, a small artist from Ireland, brings us a beautiful song
- Órla Fallon brings us multilingual traditional Irish Christmas song
- Our song of the month from a Danish newcomer, chosen by Karl from scandipop.co.uk
- Daði Freyr gives us something magical this Christmas
- Boyzvoice is back and this time they’re dancy complete with the MFSK64 playlist embedded inside!
- On WRMI or On-Demand you’ll also hear:
- Mamma’s Mest Metal (Christmas Special)
- Stephen’s Feature on the English singer/songwriter/guitarist John Bramwell
- Daz’s EasyDRF Playlist (Decoder here – Not on-demand)
- On Channel 292:
- You will hear a fantastic episode of This is an Express Music Show
- You’ll also have a chance to receive Daz’s EasyDRF Playlist (Decoder here) just before TIAEMS starts
We have a bonus broadcast from Channel 292 this month that is aimed at 332° targeting Northern Europe between Ireland and Finland and Southern Europe between Ukraine and Italy. This happens because there is some backbeam with these directional antennas so give them a go and see what happens!
If you miss the show you can always catch up on demand and, if you prefer to only hear our music, we have Spotify Playlists of each show usually published shortly after the first broadcast of the show!
We really hope you enjoy the show and look forward to receiving your feedback,
God jul alle sammen!