A number of SWLing Post readers have asked about the metal case upgrade for the SDRplay RSP1A. It has been out-of-stock for several months. I just learned via Mike Ladd on Facebook, that the case is back in stock and shipping via eBay. He also noted that it will soon be available via Amazon.com. The price is $24.95 shipped via eBay.
Many thanks to SWLing Post contributor, Mike Ladd, who notes that the SDRplay RSP1A aluminum metal enclosure kit is now available on eBay.
The price is $29.95 shipped and the kit includes:
- 1x Black aluminum metal enclosure with two labelled side panels
- 1x Black semi-hardshell carry case
- 1x Thermal pad to keep the RSP1A cool and mechanically stable inside the enclosure
- 1x Accessory set including enclosure screws, GND lug bolt set and 3M anti-slip rubber feet
- 1x Tecsun AN03-L seven meter long wire antenna + 1x Matching SMA Adapter
- 1x 11cm to 48cm portable SMA telescopic antenna
Thanks for the tip, Mike. I’m definitely pulling the trigger. What a great upgrade and price!