Before the Chinese New Year, I received a prototype of the HRD-747 radio and was asked for suggestions on how to improve it. As far as I know, this little gem will hit the Chinese market in April.
Here are its major features and some photos:
- More like a handheld wideband receiver: covers UHF?300—520MHz), VHF?30—300MHz), AIR, FM (64—108MHz), SW, MW, USB, LSB, WFM, NFM, and AM.
- Based on a DSP chip?sensitivity and selectivity are excellent.
- SSB?selectable USB/LSB?reception with 10Hz step tuning.
- Multiple tuning methods: ATS, presets, manual tuning, auto tuning, etc.
- Equipped with tuning knob.
- Bandwidth is selectable.
- Squelch level can be adjusted.
- ATT control, external antenna jack.
- 1000 memory presets.
- Powered by BL-5C cellphone battery (removable).
Thank you, Mei Toa! The HRD-747 certainly offers a wider frequency range that we’re used to seeing in small portable radios. I’m very curious how sensitive and selective it is in those higher VHF/UHF bands and if imaging or poor selectivity are issues.
Thank you so much for the preliminary info!