On the advice of several SWLing Post readers, I have compiled a complete list of Tecsun PL-880 hidden features with how-to links:
Tecsun PL-880 Hidden Features:
- USB/LSB selectable synchronous detector
- Adjusting muting threshold
- Enabling DNR function
- Displaying firmware version
- Adjusting FM de-emphasis
- Changing line-out level
- Adding seconds display to clock
- Calibrating medium wave
- Displaying date of manufacture
- Calibrating the Tecsun PL-880 for zero-beat operation
- Alternate method: Calibrating the Tecsun PL-880 for zero-beat operation
- Forcing the Tecsun PL-880 to use an external antenna on MW/LW
- Adjusting FM muting threshold
- Locking filter width while tuning (new)
New: Click here to download Cap Tux’s reference sheet as a PDF.
Click here to download Troy Riedel’s update to the reference sheet [09 February 2017].
Click here to download S. Thomas Bradley’s hidden features booklet. [06 October 2019]
If you notice a missing hidden feature or know of an alternate version, please contact me or comment on this post and I will add it. I will continue to add to this post over time. Many thanks!