2017 Hamvention photos: Flea Market

We had a rather long day here at the 2017 Hamvention, but we had a fantastic time. It was especially fun meeting so many SWLing Post readers and contributors in person! Thank you for stopping by our booth at 6508.

Below, I’ve posted well over one hundred photos I took at the Hamvention Flea Market this morning. Click on the thumbnail to expand each photo. I’ve tried to include price tags when available! I plan to post inside exhibit photos tomorrow.

11 thoughts on “2017 Hamvention photos: Flea Market

1. Barry (VK4)

Thomas,
    These are simply the best photos of the hamvention I have ever seen!!!
    It also shows just how overpriced used equipment is in VK.

Keep up the great work.

2. Stu McLeod

Great photos – Does any one know what type of speaker drivers feature in Photo 8 . They look like Dan Queens or similar . Cheers Stu

3. Edward

Wow what a flea market, Collins and Drake stacked like cord-wood. And radios I never seen before. Radio Heaven.

4. John Watkins W4AGQ

Thanks for photos of flea market . We are in Florida and could not find
    any hotel rooms so could not go.I was able to find tent sites at state park but
    wife said not staying in tent. Have been to Dayton many times only go for
    the flea market . This new venue not good for tailgating with the mud and not
    enough room for everyone . We were at Shelby and your photos where right on.
    You had made comments about Grundig satellite 500 and Panasonic rf4900.
    I bought both radios at Shelby and love the 500 but the Panasonic failed 2
    months later and no time to trouble shoot it yet.
    Thanks again
    John

5. Mario

Lots of oldies but goodies in those photos, for example the RF-2200 and “Frog” 7, thanks Thomas and hope you had a good time.

6. Cap

Would love to get to Dayton, OH one year, this is ‘the’ event to go to in the ham sphere, although would probably need a shipping container to get all the stuff back I would end up buying back to Europe.

7. John L

Wow!. An amazing assortment of gear on offer. Thanks for taking the time to show us what the Hamvention is like.

I’m in VK land and would one day like to visit Dayton, OH.